Welcome to Junky Monday Roundup. Here is where I dish on the best junky finds after a trip to my favorite shopping place. The curb. One man’s trash is this chic’s treasure and I’m bringing it to you every week. Stick around until Transformation Tuesday to see how I glam the stuff up. Let’s get to the junk! This week I found:
1. Outdoor cutlery basket caddy – Hubbs was tossed out that it came with the mustard & ketchup containers, but these are so great to put finger paints in for the kiddos to keep messes a little tamer when crafting.
2. Dartboard -I saw the wooden frame and nothing else. When I turned it over, I did a jig. Hubbs & I used to play darts all.the.time when we were young and dating. Meaning, I kicked his ass a lot. He’ll deny this, but the more deer I drank, the better I played. We used to have this janky electronic board that announced, “WINNER!” when I won. He said it wasn’t a real board and we got rid of it years ago. This one’s felt & I’m hoping to rekindle those days of old this fall on the deck when it’s a bit cooler.
3. Cork boards – I find these all the time and I swear the more I find, the bigger they get. These will be jazzed up and beautified for the kids’ rooms.
4. Lace trimmed napkins – Swoon. I actually peeked in a dumpster and saw these. I just could not leave them there.
5. Basket – A tisket, a tasket, I leave behind no basket.
6. Jack O’ Lantern planter – Can you picture fall mums in this? I can!
7. Damask fabric – I see pillows in my future or maybe I’ll recover one of the cork boards. I have half a dozen.
8. Ceramic holiday village set – I almost left this on the curb. I just didn’t pay it much attention, but something told me to look again. I’m so glad I did. It works! It’s missing some pieces, like the people and one of the train cars, but the buildings are all there and so cute in person. Why not!?
That’s it for this week’s roundup. Can’t get enough junk? Check out past roundups here. Until next time.XO, Tommie