Welcome to Junky Monday Roundup. Here is where I dish on the best junky finds after a trip to my favorite shopping place. The curb. One man’s trash is this chic’s treasure and I’m bringing it to you every week. Stick around until Transformation Tuesday to see how I glam the stuff up.
1. Crib: It looks like baby’s foot kicked through one side, but the end with pretty decorative spindles is in good shape. I’m upcycling this side and tossing the rest. Anyone need parts?
2. Four poster bed: The posters are plastic and two of the spindle tips are missing, but the great wooden head and floorboards are so cute!
3. Croquette, badminton or horseshoes anyone? I’ve got a basket of it all.
4. Chalkboard: It’s 2014. Who doesn’t want a chalkboard in their digs, I ask you?
5. Pallet shelves: These were already cut in half. The hard party’s been done in my opinion. Now a bottom and painting to transform these into functional art.
It never matters what a thing starts its life out as. What’s fun and interesting is finding another use for it to prolong that life.
That’s it for this week’s roundup. Can’t get enough junk? Check out past roundups here. Until next time.XO, Tommie