Welcome to Junky Monday Roundup. Here is where I dish on the best junky finds after a trip to my favorite shopping place. The curb. One man’s trash is this chic’s treasure and I’m bringing it to you every week. Stick around until Transformation Tuesday to see how I glam the stuff up. Let’s get to the junk! This week I found:
1. Bungee chair. The kids saw one at Target and thought it was cool. This ones’s in great shape, so they will enjoy this (or fight over who’s turn it is).
2. This is an enormous framed art display. Someone took 28 wooden framed maps to create this piece. It has such a great feel and would be an interesting addition to a home office or homeschool room.
3. I’m loving this collapsible drying rack. Yes please. We always have so many towels in the summer to hang out for drying over the summer. This is an easy, free, space-saving solution. My favorite.
4. Metal containers. These are junky bits I can never have too many of, and always ecstatic to find. I scored these yesterday on the way home from treating the kids to a fountain drink from McDonald’s. I saw them as I passed by, stopped the car, and backed up. The homeowner was sitting in her garage, so I greeted her with a big smile and a hello. She was cranky and acted like I was about to jack her. I politely asked if I could take her metal buckets and she agreed, but was just super unpleasant. I on the other hand was giddy for my prize and thanked her, bidding her farewell and a super day. Her Oscar the Grouch demeanor did not squash my happy.
5. Solid wood cube table. There are all kinds of possibilities for this one. Just not quite sure yet…
6. I love sweet little round kitchen tables and the pedestal on this one is lovely. I see turquoise, yellow, or white. I will be listing this one once complete.
7. I almost never meet a solid wood chair that I don’t like.
8. The same for wooden frames. I can’t not pick these up. There are too many great frame projects to enjoy rather than toss out a good one just because the glass is broken.
So that’s this week’s roundup. Did you score any good junk this weekend? We spent hours pouring over junky goodness in Warrenton on Saturday at Antique Week, so these freebies were cake. Until next time!XO, Tommie