Welcome to Junky Monday Roundup. Here is where I dish on the best junky finds after a trip to my favorite shopping place. The curb. One man’s trash is this chic’s treasure and I’m bringing it to you every week. Stick around until Transformation Tuesday to see how I glam the stuff up.
This week, the Junky Universe opened up and shined on me. I literally did a little jig in the middle of the street on a few of these items. So, here’s the junk! Be jealous.
1. Wooden shutters: Yeah, I did a jig. I love, love, love the look of these and they are a repurposer’s dream.
2. Craftsman tool chest: Jiggity jig. I’d personally like to thank the sweet soul who put this out on the curb, because my tool situation is a hot mess. It will now be very well organized. Thank you.
3. Cabinet facing: I see a chalkboard, corkboard, and wipe-away board all in one. Ever since Nothing Bundt Cakes opened up in Houston, I have wanted a gorgeous display like they have and intended to build one from scratch. Now, I don’t have too. Woot!
4. Organizer thingamajig: This is a type A person’s dream. Papers are everywhere in our house and I’d love to put it to good use, though I don’t think I have space so I may sell once I put my spin on it.
5. Drawer pulls: The dresser was gorgeous, but wouldn’t fit in my van, so I did what any good junker would do and stripped it bare of the hardware.
6. Radio flyer wagon: We have a great little step 2 wagon, but one of the straps recently broke and I’ve been too lazy to send off for a replacement. Now I don’t have to. This one is in perfect condition. The guy said they were just done with it.
It never matters what a thing starts its life out as. What’s fun and interesting is finding another use for it to prolong that life.
One man’s trash, is this chic’s treasure and today I am a rich girl.
That’s it for this week’s roundup. Can’t get enough junk? Check out past roundups here. Until next time.XO, Tommie