Welcome to Junky Monday Roundup. Here is where I dish on the best junky finds after a trip to my favorite shopping place. The curb. One man’s trash is this chic’s treasure and I’m bringing it to you every week. Stick around until Transformation Tuesday to see how I glam the stuff up.
If you followed me last week, you know that our family hit up Texas Antique Week and almost came home empty handed. I expected to haul a truck and van load home, but was majorly disappointed. However, the junk Gods took pity on me and came through for me like they always do. Let’s review!
1. Basket of Tassels: I have no idea what I am doing with these yet. I tagged some sweet Instagram friends and asked what they would do with them. I’m still waiting for inspiration to strike.
2. Ceiling fan: I recently posted on Facebook what I am doing with the last fan I scored. This one is a little different, but I am thinking of doing a similar project.
3. Treasure Box: It’s hideous, but thought my little man would enjoy painting it if I couldn’t find a use.
4. Organizers: They are small little baskets, but I have a use for them in the back for extra chalk and bubbles for the kids.
5. Dressing Table: It’s missing a drawer and needs some cosmetic work, but overall it’s such a great little vintage table that will look beautiful all dolled up.
6. Pink Guitar: Who on Earth wouldn’t snag this little beauty!? Even without strings, it would be the cutest wall art for Princess’ room.
They made sure to quality check each item. I personally LOVED this chair. It rocked and reclined. Still, I was alone in my plight to bring it home, so there it stayed, taunting me each time we passed it on our outings this weekend.
She is seriously the cutest thing I’ve ever seen sitting on the curb. The. Cutest.
The desk came home with us. It wasn’t solid wood, but was in great shape and would look fabulous painted!
But I kept the six above items and this vanity and those tassels will be fabulous upcoming projects. I hope this darn rain will stay away a bit. I need some good painting weather.
That’s it for this week’s roundup. It just goes to show, one man’s trash, is this chic’s treasure and today I am a rich girl.
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to subscribe, so you never miss a thing!
Can’t get enough junk? Check out past roundups here. Until next time.XO, Tommie